

I'm officially a soccer mom. I'm not so sure I like it. Our lives are centered around soccer on Tues/Thurs, with two practices in the evening right around dinner time on opposite ends of town--AND two games on Saturdays!
Brianna and McKayla had their first soccer game last Saturday. McKayla is by far the youngest and smallest on her team. She loves soccer, but she spends most of the game just observing the group and following everyone else around the field. The ball with go right by her and she'll just watch it. Her coaches are good about letting her do goal kicks and throw the ball in a lot. She loves it. The picture tells it all--notice the girl getting ready to catch the ball?
Brianna's team is actually quite good. I am amazed at what some of those girls can do. Brianna has so far been a bit reserved. We spent Saturday evening playing a good natured game in the backyard. McKayla and Mom against Brianna and Dad. It was so fun. We got those girls really playing aggressive and going for the ball.
I broke down and bought McKayla a pair of cleats yesterday. They are so TINY! She's on cloud nine and is convinced she can run faster and kick the ball farther now. So cute....
Overall, I'm amazed at what goes into these AYSO little kids leagues. We're talking fancy team banners, matching hair ribbons, sponsers, pictures, fund raisers, decals for the car, etc. Wow!


