skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A moment to treasure
Last night as I was puting Courtney to bed, McKayla showed the greatest bit of love for her little sister. Courtney would not settle down. She has graduated to a big bed, and she doesn't always cooperate now. Anyway, one of my tactics is that if they don't lay down for bed and stay in bed they get one toy taken away. It hasn't been used much, but it tends to work. Courtney has this puppy that she loves and she sleeps with it every night. Well, when she wouldn't lay down, even after reminders about the toy, I took it and walked out of the room and closed the door. I was standing by the door, waiting for Courtney to decide to cooperate. Courtney can't open doors and she was struggling to get it open and crying heavily. McKayla quickly came to her rescue saying, "Don't worry Courtney, I'll help you." I sent McKayla back to bed and McKayla, struggling to hold back her own tears, said, "Don't take away her Rosie! She needs it to sleep! It's her special puppy!" She was so worried for her sister, I was very touched. My girls argue, like all sisters I guess. But, to see her stick up for her like that and be so genuinely concerned was wonderful. I never intended to keep her puppy, I just was going to hang onto it until she layed down in her bed. It worked, she settled down and didn't get up again. After I left I heard McKayla singing her a lullaby....