Monday, July 28, 2008

Dance Festival

Last Friday night we were able to attend a multi-stake youth dance festival that was done by our church. We went to the University of Redlands Football stadium to watch almost 3,000 youth perform 2 hours worth of dances that they had spent months rehearsing. The costumes were right in sync with the music they performed to. It was so fun and inspiring to see so many youth gathered together. The priests and laurels (the oldest boys and girls) had the best performances as they danced as partners to "Beauty and the Beast" and "The colors of the wind" the Deacons, with basketballs in hand, had a great choreographed number to "Get Your Head in the Game." There was some great Beach Boys music too. The entire production had a live band and chorus.

One thing I can say for living in Southern California, there are definitely a lot of youth in the church!!! They have great activities and events to attend every year.

Sorry, the only pictures I have are on my cell phone. When I get a chance I'll try to get it posted.