Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My husband is amazing!






Chris also had a project going that he completed at the same time--a new dresser for Jenna. His friend Cyrus is, at least to us, a woodworking expert and offered to work alongside Chris as they both built dressers for their kids. Chris realized that he really enjoys woodworking and began buying more tools to fill our garage and ended up finishing up the dresser in our garage on his own. I am so proud of the finished product. A dresser seems like quite a task for a first project. I think it looks wonderful! Isn't my man amazing? Check out the dovetail joints! (Yes, I have already composed a list of other items he gets to build for me!)
While I'm bragging about my great husband, I have to add how awesome it is that he can fix so many things around the house. He has fixed my dryer, washing machine, garbage disposal, vacuum, and most recently my refrigerator! I've already posted pictures of the patio cover he built. When we lived in Pennsylvania he remodeled our kitchen. I was telling the girls today that when they are grown up and choosing a guy to marry that they should try to find a guy like their dad that is so good at figuring out how to build and fix things. It is so nice that I don't have to pay someone every time something breaks. Just one of the many reasons I love him!