We spent our time enjoying Christmas festivities like baking yummy treats, looking at lights, watching movies, etc. But, we also enjoyed some day trips unique to Southern California. We went to the San Diego Zoo 4 times and went to Disneyland 3 times. These kids are spoiled! Really, Chris and I enoy it as much as they do. The girls always seem to get along well and the day is just truly enjoyable.
The girls really wanted a santa hat, so on our way to the zoo one morning we stopped off at Walgreens and let them buy themselves a hat. We bought one for Jenna too. Don't they look cute! We have a picture of them on this same polar bear statue from one year ago. They have grown up so much! It is a tradition we have whenever we buy annual passes to take a picture at the beginning and end of the year at the same spot.
Jenna is a really good fake sleeper. You tell her to go to sleep and she closes her eyes just like this. Unfortunately, she doesn't usually fall asleep. She starts to smile and giggle.
Jenna discovered a LOVE for tigger! We were waiting for the rest of the family while they went on Splash Mountain and Tigger was actually standing around (without a line) and she got to see him. We DON'T wait in lines to see characters. The kids just aren't into that. While we waited, though, Tigger was right there and Jenna couldn't get enough of him. We started walking away and she turned around with her arms stretched out and while waving her fingers said, "TIGGA! TIGGA! TIGGA!" The only character she has really connected with! The great thing about being the fourth is that when we got home I dug out 3 Tigger toys I had stored in a cupboard. She was in heaven!
Another part of being #4 is getting to wear a leash. I never thought I'd actually get one. But, this girl will NOT stay put for anything. She actually loves to wear her "backpack" and begs for us to "walk" her. Hilarious. She didn't take the thing off all day. Though, sometimes she wanted to "walk" herself (hold her own tail/leash), which kinda defeats the purpose, but generally she let us hold it and she was happy as could be.
Did anyone else have one of these dolls as a kid? This one is called "My Child." I just looked online and found out they are "highly collectable!" Hmm, maybe I should take it back? nah!
I finally opened up a box of my old dolls. I had a bunch of "my friend" fisher price dolls with tons of outfits and shoes to match. The amazing part was that I had a blond, a red head, and a brunette! I didn't give them to any particular child, rather I just gave the whole box out to them all. They all gravitated towards the one that matches them and asked if it could be "theirs." I said, "Sure, if you all agree." They totally did. For several days they brought theirs dolls wherever we went. I loved it! Totally took me back. I wish I would have gotten them out sooner!
Note to self: I need to get a picture of the girls with their "My Friend" dolls!


