Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Courtney is riding a 2 WHEELER!

Courtney got a razer scooter for her birthday last year and has rarely ridden her bike since. Well, until about 3 weeks ago. We started going on some family bikerides again and realized it was time she get out her bike. She has a little bike, perfect for learning on! We had to have her practice using the breaks and going downhill and everything, but soon we realized she was ready to move on. We raised up the training wheels and went for a longer bikeride. She was balancing a lot of the time. So, we convinced her to try without them on. She was nervous and would only go a very short distance, but we could tell she could do it. We had her practice the next two days, still only going as far as the house next door and back before she insisted on going back inside. By day three I had her riding up and down the street all by herself! This was the first day she actually rode for more than 4 minutes. She wouldn't admit it, but I could tell she was excited. The next day she asked to ride again and she hasn't turned back since. In fact, she is the one who tells me she needs to go "practice" riding her bike.

Yesterday she even asked to move up to the big bike. I got it out and she rode it easily. She can only touch the ground with her tiptoes, but she still managed to start and stop on her own. She loved the speed! These pictures show her on the little bike.

My little girl is growing up! She's been practicing her reading every day too. I just can't believe how fast she has grown! I think she is 4 years old going on 8!



See the tongue! She is making noises as she goes down the street! Obviously having fun!