Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Pictures from Samoa

Sorry it took me so long. Here are some photos from Chris' recent business trip to Samoa!





They had to visit all the schools, including some on the various small islands. In order to do this they needed a plane. The governor of Samoa let them use his plane.





An LDS Temple in Apia, Western Samoa. There were church buildings everywhere. He ran into missionaries too. I guess there are a lot of members of our church there.






Aerial view of one of the islands.

This is a beach on the Mauna islands of the American Samoa. It is one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Beautiful and secluded!


Chris was so excited about his picture with Charlie the Tuna from the starkist tuna factory! He kept telling me about it and was anxious to show it to me and kept asking when I'd get it put on the blog. Too funny! I think he must have seen a lot commercials as a child!





They went to a traditional bar-b-que where they cook a bunch of foot in a pit in the ground with banana leaves and coconut shells and some interesting seafood.




Isn't it beautiful? I want to go with him next time he visits! We keep talking about Hawaii, but the thought of crowds of people turn us off. Samoa is a bit more cultural and, well, dirty, but it sure looks peaceful! He said he might have to go to Hawaii for work next, so I may make it there too. We'll see.....