I am a bit late posting this. Brianna turned 9 on April 6th. I can't believe my little girl is already 9! This is a "non-party" year for our family, which means we don't have big parties with our friends, but we do something as a family. However, we chose to give the kids the option of going to Disneyland with mom or dad on their birthday (they get in free on their birthday this year.). However, Brianna chose to go to Knotts Berry Farm instead because there are more big roller coasters. Her and Chris went together and had a wonderful time! Still, she did end up having two friends spend the night the weekend before her birthday. (It was her first slumber party.) They had a great time. On the day of her birthday she wanted me to bring her lunch from a fast food restaurant to eat at school. We had a party that night (she wanted everyone to be in their pajamas) and had homemade German Chocolate Cake. I'd say it definitely was a special time for her.
I remember when it was just her and me hanging out together all day while Chris was at work. We would watch out the front window and see the neighbor kids get on the school bus in the morning. I'd play kids music all day and we would sing and dance together. We went for walks every day and almost always stopped at the park. She was my buddy and my complete focus was her. Life was so simple then.
Now she is growing up and getting ready to finish 3rd grade and start 4th grade in August. I was looking at her 2nd grade yearbook and was amazed at how much she has changed in just one year. She is losing her "little girl" look and has entered the "tween" years. She listens to music on her MP3 player and loves watching "Drake and Josh" and "ICarly."
She is such a great kid. Her teachers always rave at how well behaved she is. She works so hard and is very determined to be successful in school. She gets 100% on most of her tests and LOVES to read! More importantly, she really tries hard to do what is right.
I sure love you Brianna. You have always been and will always be my baby girl. (Even if you are the oldest.)


